Thursday 4 December 2014

Object of Desire

On Monday we were set the task of a photo brief, with the theme of an "object of desire". We were told to focus on a particular item such as a trainer, a mascara or a bag. After looking at this Pinterest board, I was particularly inspired by the use of small toys with an item of make up. And here is what I created...


An extreme OTT theme of being "girly" - make up, lipstick, pink, beauty, self-conscious - completed with ponies taking a selfie!



(I was torn between the first and second photograph, but I decided on the first)

We had to produce, edit and print a photograph for today's seminar, where we then pinned our photos up and discussed them. We also had to vote for what category a photograph demonstrated well: 


  • idea
  • composition
  • colour
  • post-production
  • overall
On Photoshop I used the Gaussian blur tool to allow the phone and lipstick be the focus of both of my photographs.

Here are some of the photographs from the Pinterest board that I found very inspiring:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...