Monday 19 January 2015

Reflecting on the course and myself

In today's seminar we had to take a moment to reflect over the first seminar and make several comments on what we liked and disliked, as well as discussing our strengths and weaknesses. It really made me think what was I actually good at? What was I less comfortable with? And perhaps the most important question, what can I do to improve?

I'm a very visual person and like being set a brief and sitting down and doing it. I struggle more with on going tasks where the deadline is in the future. Don't get me wrong, as a professional worrier I stress and feel guilty when I don't do work, and could never leave something to the last minute. However I like it when I have shorter deadline and quicker briefs as I feel it makes me work harder, and often better. 

To my surprise, I've found that find mood boards challenging, something that I was not expecting given my creative flair and past. However I found that despite being used to designing and creating work, a mood board is quite unique in terms of production. At school and in sixth form I was never really making them and certainly not thinking about them in the same way as I am required to now. It's sometimes a surprise, and not necessarily always a bad one when you discover a weakness. For the fire in me, I see it as a challenge to try and overcome.

Another part in the seminar was making a list of what to stop doing, and what to start. I've always loved reading, but since starting university I have really struggled finding the time to read the required books. Having a part time job eats up my weekends however I've decided to take this negativity and turn it into something positive, and be productive. From now on, after work I will dedicate my evenings to reading, as I can curl up with a hot drink, relax and read. If I read for half an hour, or two hours, I'll be happy.

From the start we were told that time management is key. This piece of information couldn't have been more true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...